We are a non-government organization that promotes the preservation and conservation of the environment through initiatives and programmes on environmental education, advocacy and research, ecological governance and development works encouraging public participation towards a sustainable society.
A sustainable society characterized by ecologically aware people, healthy environment, and progressive economy.
1. To develop programmes, projects, and activities to improve and maintain environmental health in a clean, healthy, and sustainable state.
2. To promote the recognition of environmental management and support environmental policies, programs, and practices nationwide.
3. Work with the government and other interested groups in developing policies, laws and regulations related to the protection and conservation of the environment including sustainable and inclusive economic development
4. Conduct and/or support researches and developmental activities on the environmental impact of production and consumption pattern.
5. Help improve environmental awareness and concerns for the environment.
6. Promote circular economy and sustainable development goals through sustainable production and consumption as an approach in achieving a sustainable society.
7. To support and promote the development of technologies and management methods which are environmentally sound and sustainable.
8. Conduct and/or support researches and developmental activities on preservation and conservation of the environment and natural resources.
What is PCEPSDI
The Philippine Center for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development, Inc. (PCEPSDI) is a non-stock non-profit and non-government organization duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
PCEPSDI is the Administrator of the National Ecolabelling Programme – Green Choice Philippines (NELP-GCP) that is based on ISO 14024 – Guiding Principles and Procedures. NELP-GCP is a voluntary, multiple criteria-based, and third party programme that aims to encourage clean manufacturing practices and consumption of environmentally preferable products and services. This government project is seen as an important marketing instrument to complement laws and regulations for environmentally preferable products and a guide to consumers’ purchasing preferences. The project is under the auspices of the Department of Trade and Industry and the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.