PURPOSES OF PCEPSDI
1. To formulate, initiate, undertake, promote, sponsor, assist, support and/or finance projects, programs and activities to cleanse, improve, rehabilitate and develop the environment, and to maintain the environment in a clean, healthy, and sustainable state;
2. To promote the recognition of environmental management and support the integration of environmental policies, programs and practices nationwide;
3. To work with the government and other interested groups in developing policies, laws and regulations relating to the cleansing, improvement, rehabilitation, and development of the environment and the maintenance of a clean, healthy, and sustainable environment, and to provide assistance in their effective enforcement;
4. To conduct and/or support researches and developmental activities on the environmental impact of industry and technology on the environment;
5. To help improve environmental awareness and concern for the environment;
6. To promote the sustainable production and consumption as an approach in achieving a clean, green and healthy environment.
7. To provide a forum for the discussion of issues affecting the environment;
8. To support and promote the development and transfer of technology of management methods which are environmentally sound;
9. To monitor the progress of the cleansing, improvement, rehabilitation and development of the environment and the maintenance of a clean, healthy, and sustainable environment and assess the adequacy and effectiveness thereof; and
10. To engage in, carry on, and conduct scientific and developmental research, experiments, investigations, analysis and studies to conserve, preserve and otherwise sustain the natural resources, the aquatic resources, the flower and the fauna, the wildlife in and the environment of the Philippines, and to employ any and all other means and processes known, and which may become known, for accomplishing the conservation and sustenance of the natural resources, the flower and the fauna, the wildlife in and the environment of the Philippines; and to offer to others in the Philippines and around the world the results of such research, experiments and studies.
J.R. Nereus Acosta, Ph.D.
June M. Alvarez
Bernardito C. Ang
Alvin B. Culaba, Ph.D.